Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Don't you just hate insomnia?

Arghh far too early in the morning and I'm wide awake. Can't sleep, have really sore throat and glands coming up, just hoping GF isn't trying to take advantage of me being run down. Especially as I'm being taken away this weekend for a nice break with Tim, don't know where he's keeping it a surprise, all I really know is I'm going somewhere north of here about an hour and a half away. Keep asking odd questions to get a few more clues, but he's not giving much away. to be honest I'm just looking forward to some special time together, a break from Caitlin and a lie in before I turn 30!

Any how back to the sleeping thing, why is it when you can't sleep all those things you need doing and repairs to the house come into your mind and then you start worrying about those and that keeps you awake even more. So need to find someone to come clean our gutters out; the height of our house means there's no way I'm going up a ladder to do it. Then there's the flat roof over the bay window that still need sealing, that one is down to Tim, his dad has offered to help him, but still it needs doing, just been so much else going on this year. Then the big one is the damp walls in the dining room, could be leaking chimney, rising damp due to a faulty damp proof, not sure, but either way it'll probably be expensive and really does need sorting :( Arghh joyful things to think about at ungodly hours of the morning. On the plus side the whole house was sprayed for woodworm and other creepy crawlies before we moved the furniture in, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Been a weird weekend, Saturday we went to get a few bits for camping trip next month and got a few bits of shopping. Caitlin was lovely on sunday, probably helped by going to butterfly farm in the morning which she loved again, she just loves feeding the baby goats and she got to feed a calf. She thought the parrots saying hello to her was rather good too. Tim and I both held an owl I always forget just how light they are being all feathers. Today though, especially this morning our daughter seemed to be the child from hell! You'd have thought we were speaking some alien language when we said no or stop it when we wre in Matalan getting her a new swimsuit. Then she grabbed my engagement ring and threw it under the car in one smooth move when I was putting her back in the car, thankfully I found it. I was so furious with her I had to let Tim finish putting her in. Then after a nap this afternoon, she made jam tarts with me as good as gold really while Tim went to cinema. I just don't know what makes her tick sometime.

No comments: