Wednesday, May 24, 2006

prodded, poked and x-rayed!

Well been to hospital, had another ECG and chest x-ray both of which were clear, had more blood and urine tests done and more to do over 24 hours. Then have to have ultrasound on my kidneys and a 24 hr blood pressure monitor done too(will get appointments in next couple of weeks). Think consultant is being very thorough, so I guess that's a good thing.

Physio has given me some exercises and referred me for orthotics, so Tim and I will have a matching pair. Basically she has given me some strengthening exercises, but she says that there's nothing she can do about the hyperextension and overly mobile joints that I have, so there's a limit to how much improvement I'll get and my joints will always be at risk of damage, because of the loose ligaments not holding my joints together tightly enough. Think that's about the gist of it, hopefully the strengthening exercises will help though.

No comments: