Monday, September 11, 2006

5 years on

My thoughts and prayers today are with all those who lost friends and loved ones 5 years ago. I will never forget seeing the second plane crash into the towers and seeing both towers collapse. Although I was at work that day I was having a test in the corner of the canteen for something. The television was on and when I got there the first plane had not long hit the tower, we all were stood there watching in total silence as the second plane hit, until the first tower collapsed when there was a collective gasp of horror.

One of Tim's old uni friends worked for Merrill Lynch in the Twin Towers, amazingly he was off work because a roller blader had knocked him flying the previous day and he was off work sick. That roller blader may have saved his life. Who'd have though a roller blader would be your guardian angel?

No comments: