Saturday, September 02, 2006

End of the Summer

I can't believe how quick my summer break has gone, tomorrow is my last day of freedom before my second year starts. I had such good plans for what I'd get done this summer and it hasn't happened, for various reasons. I still have an attic full of unsorted craft stash and a cellar where I've not looked in one of the boxes. But I did start my driving lesson and pass my theory test and I have been making jewellery which hopefully I'll get round to selling at some point.

I guess I have also had a chance to recharge my batteries for the next year and to spend a precious last long summer with Caitlin. Next year I will have to work to get some upto date work experience on my CV even if it is just care work with the elderly or disabled people and the following year all being well I hope to be working as a fully qualified Occupational Therapist (or Octopus thera-pest as Caitlin calls it). This year the actual marks I get become far more important too as it may affect my final degree classification. This will either be 100% of 3rd year marks or 25% 2nd year and 75% third year marks whichever is higher. So in case I fluff 3rd year it's important to keep the marks up this year. So more nose to the grindstone, no social life, even if I could afford it and precious little craft time. After all Caitlin deserves my time at the weekends.

This year will be tougher too as Tim will be out of action for a while, meaning more stuff falling to me while he's in plaster. A necessary evil to improve his quality of life and well worth 3 months in plaster to help straighten out his foot. Just wonder when the second operation on the other foot will be, usually it's 6 months or so later as the second leg tends to detoriate quicker after one is done, but it does depend on recovery from the first operation and the waiting list of the surgeon. His is very good in the orthopedics field AKA long waiting list, rather the wait than some underling mess it up though CMT foot surgery can be complex.

No comments: