Saturday, June 17, 2006

End of term!

Well I've made it through the first year at uni. Did my presentation yesterday which went ok, had 10 seconds to spare on my time limit and there was one really awkward question afterwards, but I hope I have done enough to pass, would be gutted if I didn't. The Community essay is handed in too, so glad to get that out the way too, just hoping I pass, even if I only get 40% because the though of resitting that is just a nightmare. Should hopefully know if I've passed the year by the end on July, but it's not certain beacuse of the marking strike by some lecturers. Our boards to ratify marks in on the 10th July and any work not marked by then will have to wait until Autumn for confirmation. Obviously 3rd years who can't graduate without this are top of the priority list. I do know most of our lecturers have been marking through the strike, just witholding marks, so I'm hopeful.

Just seems amazing the first year is over already! Was in the pub yesterday having a stiff drink to recover from my presentation and was talking to Jane, she was the first person I spoke to on the first day and has become a friend. She was saying how weird it seemed that it was only 9 months ago and how much has changed since then. Thank you Tim for all your love and support this year, you've help me find the confidence and belief to do this, even if it does waver sometimes (especially just before an assignemnet due!) couldn't have done it without you.

We're off on holiday to the lakes camping today, so normally service will resume in a week.

No comments: