Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Last day in my twenties!

Well I am about to leave the twenties tomorrow I become a woman in my thirties. Weird feeling, makes me look back and review where I am and where I've come from. So here's my thoughts so far on what I feel as I turn 30:

I have

A wonderful partner and an amazing daughter
Got out of a violent marriage
Finally made it to university
Completed Open University course while Caitlin was small
A home of our own
Used my creativity to keep memories for the future
Learnt to move on from the past
Beat postnatal depression
Stopped using alcohol as a crutch

I will

Graduate as an Occupational Therapist
Pay back my student loans
Finally sort the house to how we want it
Lose some weight
Get out more, especially with Tim
Have more holidays abroad
Get to more crops and meet friends
See Caitlin start school
Learn to drive

I love

Family time together
Watching Caitlin grow up
Getting away for the weekend with Tim
Gardening
Crafting time for me
Fulfilling my potential at university
My laptop and wireless internet connection
Being in the sunshine
Chocolate

I dislike


Being late

Hypocrisy
Constantly being in a mess
Ironing
The textured wallpaper in the house we inherited
Not spending as much time with Caitlin as I’d like
Being overweight
Not having much money
A long commute to university for an hour lecture

I regret

Not leaving my ex-husband earlier
Giving up my university place at 18
Losing all my confidence
Not seeking help for PND earlier
Losing contact with old friends
Being naturally messy
Allowing myself to believe I was worthless for a while







1 comment:

Tony said...

Nice List Emma, welcome to the club, Happy birthday for today.

A lot of the things on your list rang true for me too. Although, things that happened in the past steered you to a point where it was possible to hook up with Tim. That stuffs behind you now and you have a long exciting future to look forward to. (if you had done anything differently maybe things would not have turned out as well as they have) I think George McFly said it best "you are my density".
Have fun today
Tony