Sunday, March 26, 2006

Kirsty's Challenge


Still not got a picture of me for Kirsty's challenge, so I improvised. Took pictures of various pieces of me instead, resisted the clevage shot LOL! Anyway, pretty pleased with the result. Managed to include some primas courtesy of Caroline's little packs of them. I did some doodling in bronze colour, both round the title and over the bird,which unfortunately doesn't want to photograph, but never mind. Being a beader, also did some beaded doodling for the swirly bits. Even wrote on the LO in the bronze colour and I hate my writing, but I guess Caitlin would like to know what it looked like.

I called the LO 'Reaching My Potiential', as that's how I feel about me now, after years of just doing a job for the money, getting out of violent marriage and other stuff, then being either Tim's partner or Caitlin's mum, I'm at university making the most of my skills and using my brain to get my degree and being known as Emma, I'm finally able to do something for me that I want to do, although hopefully it will benefit the family in the long run. None of which would be possible without Tim's suport and help I hasten to add.

I love this basic grey paper, the bird taking off just seems to symbolise where I am. Tim looked at the LO and suggested that I was, 'More than the sum of my parts', which I thought was quite inciteful. Have written a letter for Caitlin explaining my feelings, which I've put behind the LO, so if anything happened before she grew up she could read about how I feel now. Anyway thank you Kirsty for challenging me to scrap myself, even if I've not quite got to the whole face picture.

2 comments:

Kirsty Wiseman said...

cough and splutter - what a work of delicious yummoness darling - that beading is something else xx

Zarah said...

Oh WOW - what a piece of ART! I absolutely LOVE it!! :)