Friday, March 17, 2006

Photo phobia

There's a reason that I take most of our family photos and it's not just that Tim tends to shake a bit. I hate my photo being taken and feel much happier behind the camera. It's mainly about weight I guess, never happy with how heavy I am, but even when I was fit and healthy in my teens I hated it. Perhaps as even then my father used to refer to me as the fat daughter, I've never been slim and petite like my older sister, I had curves and DD bust at 14.
Kirsty has launch an international challenge here which I think is a fab idea and I'd love to take part, but I have no photos of just me to use. The last picture of just me was 7 years ago I think and there's precious few of Caitlin and I. Made me think that if something happened tomorrow Caitlin would have no knowledge of what I looked like as her mum. Which is kind of sad really that my hang ups about how I look and feel could affect Caitlin's knowledge of me. I think it makes me realise that I need to get over my hang ups and maybe let Tim take some more photos of just me. I suppose a record of how I was the year I turn 30 will be good to look back on. After all my BOM should have some sort of thoughts and feeling I have on turning 30.

No comments: